Friday, April 25, 2008

Telling

Right now I am sitting in a hotel room in Laurinburg, NC with my good friend Kim Weitkamp and watching HGTV & eating cheetos. (Kim just told me she thinks they smell like vomit - nice!) We are having a great time. Kim is a professional storyteller. We are at a festival that goes throughout the weekend & is at a beautiful historical site with a great old house & beautiful grounds. Today they bused in 1400 students for a field trip to listen to the "tellers". This is an amazing, eye opening experience into a whole new world that I never knew existed. I have been able to meet a lot of great people. It is so fun... for the day you just get to go from tent to tent and listen to people tell stories. This is the life! If you are interested in more information, visit www.justkissthefrog.com.

Yesterday was Kim's birthday & we went to a nice restaurant for a late dinner after arriving at the hotel. We enjoyed great food & both laughed so hard we cried & today at lunch we were both sharing stories that brought genuine tears. You might be thinking that that doesn't sound like much fun but believe me - we are having a great time.

I know none of this is related to Mazey but thought I'd share where I'm at right now. I'll do a Mazey update soon.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am so glad you had fun Pam. Laughter is so good!