Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday

Mondays are a day off for me. Sometimes a day off can be more work than an actual working day but today, I was able to have some friend time. I got to go walk and talk with my friend, Shelly, then we worked out together. (much needed for me) Then I got to spend time with another friend, Tricia. We talked a lot and watched a chick flick together. That is one of the best things to do in my book. So it was really nice to be with friends.

However, I'm still feeling a little out of sorts today. Maybe it is this stinky weather or maybe I am being overly sensitive. I don't feel wonderful and I have gotten my feelings hurt twice today. You know when sometimes you just can't shake things off, well that is how I've been feeling. Anyway - it is just one of those days.

We received our adoption training materials today. It is a giant book and a 4 disc DVD set. Seems like a lot but I guess we can never be too prepared. So we will have to get started on this stuff soon. I think that is all for today.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope your spirits pickup :)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog today and felt the connection since I am a mom to two precious daughters that we adopted almost 10 yrs ago....WOW, time flies when they are IN your home but goes slow waiting. I really dont know your history since Im new but one that literally came to us but was a blessing before we knew we needed it was we were kinda asked to foster our daughters before they were up for adoption. We knew the parents were making little to no efforts so the chances they would go back would be slim to none...so we agreed. We only fostered them for about a yr and then the adoption was complete. They were 15 months and 26 months when we adopted them. I bring this up simply because if you go into foster care letting them know you want to adopt they have SO MANY little kids/babies out there who the case workers pretty well know which parents are making little to no effort and can match you up with kids that 90% wont go back. If I am off target here and this isnt the desire of your heart I apologize for over stepping. I can tell by reading your blog, I will be a frequent reader.