Friday, May 16, 2008

Watching Things Grow

I LOVE watching things grow. This will sound silly but I'm so excited. Jeremy and I planted a garden almost 2 weeks ago. We planted corn, 5 kinds of lettuce, carrots, (thanks Duane!) wax beans, cucumber & 4 kinds of tomatoes. This morning I watered them all and they were all barely sticking out of the ground. This evening, when I got home from work and watered them again, the corn and beans were sticking a couple inches out of the ground and the other things had grown too! Amazing - just like that! I am so excited to see how quickly they are growing. We are looking forward to going out there and picking our own vegetables. Happy growing!

6 comments:

Chris Sigmon said...

I didn't even know there were 5 kinds of lettuce.... I agree that watching things grow is great though!

Michelle said...

Very fun Pam,

I would love to do that...a veggie garden that is. I feel like the crows here would devour everything though...or the deer.

Crystal said...

Still waiting for pictures Mrs. Pam. As I recall you are pretty good at taking photos too. :) Love ya!

Pamela said...

I know. Funny thing is, I don't have a camera. The only camera that Jeremy owns now (that isn't Enigmas) is a film camera. I don't have a little digital point and shoot anymore. I'll try to get some on here soon.

Crystal said...

Oh no! What happened to the little elph? You will have to get yourself one long before that sweet little girl comes home!

Pamela said...

Can't get in to it but my sweet hubby did something with it. : )