Wednesday, June 4, 2008

An Old Favorite

Weight

At what point does one admit
That they are the things that they do
The things that no one sees
The words that nobody hears

I am the words I write
I am the songs I sing in the car
I am the curses I mumble
I am the dreams in my sleep

I am a childless father
Married to a beautiful mother
That simply lacks an infant
In a home with empty rooms

But there are flowers in my front yard
Flowers that I admire
Flowers cut and put in vases
Flowers that support the weight

Of butterflys and hummingbirds

Written by Jeremy Pegg 2005

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I didn't publish your comment because I am an airhead! I totally spaced on the fact that there are some who read my blog that would know that. :) you got it right and I will be sending you a bag of goodies too. I hope you are doing well...I am so glad that you started to blog...it makes me feel like I am still in your life a little. :) love you!

Love this poem too!

Pamela said...

No problem. You don't have to send me anything - you already have. I just thought it was fun to play.

Blogging is a whole new world but it has been fun staying caught up in your day to day life.

Michelle said...

This is awesome!

DrD said...

Wonderful words.