Saturday, October 18, 2008

What's Happening

Here is the adoption update that I promised. Actually got several things done this week. You may be wondering why it is taking me so long to get everything done... well life & I have a very full time job that has kept me pretty busy lately. So I'm chugging along as best I can.

So this week...

  • I received a letter from my home study agency actually stating our acceptance as future adoptive parents. Good news! She had already told us verbally but now we have the proof. : ) So we are approved in Virginia. She is now writing for the International part of things.
  • I received an e-mail stating that people who had completed their I600-A will in fact be grandfathered in to all programs... so that is more good news. We completed our before the April 1, 2008 deadline.
  • I sent off paperwork for psychological evaluations on both Jeremy & I. Not sure how long all that takes but at least it's out there.
  • I also sent off all the paperwork needed for both Jeremy & my birth certificates. These should come back fairly quickly.
Here is some cold hard proof of what was accomplished this week...


Still more to do on my list but at least my list is getting smaller!!!

Other exciting news for this week...
  • We will be finished with our bedroom remodel before Thursday! Thank God!
  • Mom & Dad arrive on Thursday!
  • My father-in-law, (Duane) has a birthday on Thursday (23rd)!
  • We get to go on vacation soon!
  • My birthday is coming up... even if we just sit around all day... I love birthdays!
One more bit of evidence that I'm a dork... at the Ladies Night I took every one's picture. I'll spare them the embarrassment, but here's one of me...


The line dancing didn't go so well but we still had fun!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on visible progress!!!!!!! Have a wonderful visit with your family. What a nice birthday gift :)

Enigma Productions Photography said...

wow so handsome in that picture. hahah

Hahn House said...

jeremy's pysch eval is going to take years. i should contact them

DrD said...

WOW, things are moving along. Glad to see the 1600-A will be grandfathered in. Great news!

Yeah, nice photo. I would like an 8X 10 to hang in the front room. :+)

Now, was that my 23rd birthday or was it on the 23rd????