Monday, August 4, 2008

Catching Up

I am way behind here so there is lots to catch up on.

Jeremy and I went on vacation in July and had a great time. We rented a little cabin that set right on the edge of a little lake. The fireworks were right over the lake so we were able to just sit on the back porch for the 4th. We swam every day and just had a great relaxing time.

We have had 3 home study appointments and just have our final one to complete for the adoption process. This is the one where she comes to our house. We have a few things we are waiting on before we are able to book this appointment but for the most part the home study has been very painless. Other than that, we are just working on other little pieces of the adoption process and little by little, plucking away at it.

My dad was here for a visit. Well, technically not really for a visit. He came out to work on a patio project that we were doing at the church. He is back home safe and sound and probably never wants to answer my phone calls again after all the work and heat we put him through. We had a great time with him though and are so thankful that he came.

I'll have to post pictures soon but have run into a few technical difficulties. So until then, I just wanted to post a quick update.

Thank you for your continued prayers for our adoption process, the finances for this and for our agency to receive their Hague accreditation. They were recently denied because of a paper missing for one state. They are working hard to rectify this but we would appreciate your prayers for this process to continue to go smoothly.

Blessings!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Still praying :)

DrD said...

Looking forward to a new little granddaughter.

God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

Anonymous said...

Pam, Talk about way behind. I forgot how to get to your blog, duh. But I just got all caught up.

It was a joy to read it all! You both are such truely wonderful people. Can't wait to see you in October!!! It's been way too long.

I'm looking forward to getting out the old sewing machine when we know the size Mazey will be. I think I can still remember how to sew little girl clothes. What fun!

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are able to enjoy the Thousand Trails membership and had a nice vacation.

You guys are doing so well on your homestudy and other adoption process tasks. Keep checking off the list!

I'm looking forward to doing some research for you.

I set up a blog this weekend. You can see it at gramachar.blogspot.com
If you want to add me to your link list, great!

Love you,
Mom